Amber Alster has over 15 years of experience in the industry. After starting as a stylist in Texas, she advanced her career in 2012 when she made the challenging and rewarding move to New York City to work as an apprentice at Dop Dop Salon. Throughout her 8 years at Dop Dop, Amber advanced to become a top stylist and colorist and began working as an educator. Always going above and beyond for her clients, when Amber moved to Hawai’i for two years, she spent the time traveling between Hawaii and New York City.
Behind the chair, Amber always focuses on catering to her clients’ wants and needs, and specializes in cutting, balayage, color corrections and bridal/special occasion styles. Last year, a client flew her to Argentina to do her hair for her wedding. Amber is also a National artist for Shu Uemura Art of Hair, which allows her to share her passion and expertise for hair with other hairstylists.
Through the years, Amber has styled for events such as New York Fashion Week where she worked with designers such as Badgley Mischka, Victor De Souza, Verge; Bridal Fashion Week for Galia Lahav; Women’s Sports Foundation Gala, and Broadway Cares. She has also done hair for celebrity clients and red carpets, published magazines, editorial photo shoots, and so much more.
Amber enjoys challenging herself and showcasing her talent in hair competitions. Last year, she made it into the Top 5 of the L’Oréal Color, Style Trophy awards and traveled to LA to compete in the finals. Amber has always had a passion for doing hair and she feels lucky to be able to do something she loves as a career. Book an appointment with Amber today and experience that expertise, love and passion she puts into every head of hair she touches.
• We can only honor scheduled appointments.
• Please do not bring any guests, children, or pets with you to your appointment.
• All clientele and staff members will receive a temperature check prior to entering the salon.
• Everyone is expected to have a face covering. No exceptions can be made
• You should not bring extra articles of clothing, shopping bags, luggage , etc.
• Each client will be provided with a disposable garment bag to hand articles of clothing in.
• Hand sanitizer and cleaning stations are located at many touch points.
• The waiting area will be closed and all magazines have been removed.
• The kitchen is temporarily closed.
• Stations will be cleaned and sanitized between each client.
• We encourage debit and credit card transactions.